Have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend, my crafty friends!
The rest of the card is pretty simple, and in fact these cards came together quite quickly after I got all of the little holes pushed through the die cut. I used The Ton’s Hot Tourmaline ink to blend the edges of the Jelly Bean (by Bazzill) card base. (The inks from The Ton seriously blend so beautifully, both on colored card stock and white, and I’m not just saying that because I’m on the design team.) The final step was to add the greeting: Big Hugs from Papertrey Ink. It has fantastic dies and sentiments to go along with it, and I simply don’t use it enough. The Lasting Hearts Card Drive was the perfect reason to pull them out. I added some Glossy Accents to the Hugs to give it a bit more dimension and decided to stop. I felt odd not adding some sequins to it… maybe I will before I send them. Haven’t decided.
I sincerely hope that you will participate in the Lasting Hearts Card Drive. You can also donate money to help purchase with which the handmade cards will be included. The link at the beginning of the post will give you all of the pertinent information.
I hope you enjoyed this project! I am so pleased to have finally used some of my PTI product that has been neglected for too long. Have a fantastic week, friends!
I’m taking a deep breath today. These past few weeks have been so busy, so today I’m going to share a card with you that I had intended to share a few months ago, but had quite forgotten about (yikes! Mom brain strikes again!) It’s made entirely from a super super cute Mama Elephant set: Charmed. I received it a while ago (last summer maybe?) and immediately created this card with it, but promptly put it in my “finished” box and forgot about it!
This card’s creation is fairly simple: a bit of stamping, a bit of masking, and some watercolor. To start, I stamped the lovely banner image with black Archival Ink, both on a panel of watercolor card stock and a piece of Post-It paper. I cut out the banner on Post It paper to use as a mask, then placed it over the banner on the watercolor paper. The rest of the stamping was normal. I stamped the wreath, then the owl, so that the parts that I wanted behind the banner would be hidden by the mask. I removed the mask and used my Zig Markers and Distress Inks to do some watercoloring. To create the kind of cloudy look around the wreath, I first wet my card stock, then added (very) diluted Pumice Stone Distress Ink that I’d tapped onto a clear block and diluted with lots of water. I simply dropped the color in on the wet card stock and allowed it to spread where it wanted. To age the panel, I swiped the edges with Papertrey Ink’s Tea Dye Duo. I mounted the owl on a panel of sky blue glitz paper, then popped the whole panel up on a cotton candy pink card base. I added some Glossy Accents to the banner and berries, as well as a little twine bow to complete the project.
I have a whole set of these in various colors on my never-ending list of “projects to make.” Hopefully, one day, I will find the time to make these. Sounds like a good project for when my mojo has taken a hiatus, as it is wont to do. A little watercoloring always does a body good, yes?
I hope you enjoyed this simple little project! I am not normally one for the cartoon-y animal stamps, but I couldn’t resist this sweet little owl. I have plans to just kinda chill out in my craft room over the next couple of weeks… going to play with some stamps that haven’t seen any love, do some organizing, play with my Foldio and try to get my blog photography up to snuff.
My first project is one with which I was particularly happy. I had several ideas roaming around in my head all week, with lots of pieces stamped and cut out just floating around on my desk. I had a vague notion of what I wanted to make with this card: flowers, gold glittery stripes, bold black die cut sentiment, but nothing concrete. Then it just suddenly clicked, and I am so pleased with how it came out. To start, I used the Haute Stripes rubber background stamp to create a gold striped background using gold glitter embossing powder. I knew I wanted a variety of sizes and types of blooms, so I stamped several of the peonies from Fresh Cut Peonies using the Coral Couture Color Collection, as well as several roses from Fresh Cut Roses using the Ruby Couture Color Collection. I fussy cut all of the blooms and leaves, then die cut the “fabulous” from black card stock. I arranged all of the blooms in a swag above and below the sentiment, using dimensional adhesive to pop up the center bloom, and added a few sequins.
To start, I heat embossed the image on a sheet of my favorite watercolor paper using gold embossing powder. Then came my most favorite part: the coloring. I know, I know, wedding gowns are supposed to be white or cream, blah blah blah. My hubby and I got married right before Pinterest, do-it-yourself, “unique” weddings exploded into their current state of awesomeness. There are so many things that are popular now that I wanted to do then, but they weren’t really “the way things were done,” so I just had to put my ideas aside and be traditional. One of the things I would have done in a heartbeat was have a blush pink wedding gown. Alas, my wedding gown was a very lovely, but very ordinary white, and my hubby thinks vow renewals are a waste of money (only when he’s the one spending it. They’re fine and dandy for other people.), so I will have to have my pink gown on a card.
That’s all for me today! Now, the details about the GIVEAWAY!!! We are giving away four $15 gift certificates to the shop. Just leave a comment on The Ton Blog to qualify and leave comments on the DT blogs to increase your chances of winning. DEADLINE TO LEAVE COMMENTS: SUNDAY, 1/17/16