Hi friends! I am over on the Pinkfresh Studio YouTube channel today with a video using two of my illustrations: It’s A New Day and Floral Focus! When I was illustrating these two sets, I actually intended for them to be paired together; you can see that the blooms and foliage coordinate! These were released awhile ago, but I haven’t found an opportunity to pair them together until now. The Floral Focus background stamp is a very detailed image, and I love pairing super detailed images with heat embossing and vellum… it reminds me of lace. I still wanted to have some soft color, so I used the coordinating Floral Focus Stencils to add some subtle color on the panel behind the embossing.
You can watch the video above or on the Pinkfresh Studio YouTube Channel by clicking HERE.
I started by heat embossing the Floral Focus background stamp on an A2 panel of vellum using white embossing powder. I adore the effect that this technique has, creating an elegant, delicate, super feminine look. The coordinating Floral Focus Stencils are a super quick way to add color to the stamped image, but they also have very handy tick marks in the corners of the stencil which, when centered over an A2 card panel, allow you to create a colorful background without even having to stamp the image! I used Peach Fuzz, Coral Reef, Meadow, and Emerald City inks from Pinkfresh Studio with the stencils; you can see in the video that the stenciled panel alone would make a pretty background by itself! I wanted to soften those colors a bit, though, which is where the embossed vellum overlay comes in. It helps to make the colors more subtle without getting rid of them completely. I love the effect!
Next, it was time to do some watercoloring. You can see that I used this particular flower from the It’s A New Day stamp set for the Floral Focus background… I love having multiple options to create a coordinated look! I heat embossed the images from It’s A New Day onto some Fabriano Artistico Hot Press watercolor paper using white embossing powder to keep the embossing cohesive between the elements. I used my Karin Brushmarker Pro markers to add color to the images in coordinating shades of peach and emerald. (If you’ve been struggling with Karin markers, I share a few tips in my video on how to get good results with them!) Once I had finished watercoloring the butterfly ranunculus, a bud, and some foliage, I die cut the images with the It’s A New Day die.
Vellum can be a little tricky, because most adhesives will show through the semi-transparent paper, so before attempting to adhere the vellum panel, I first arranged my floral die cuts and a die cut sentiment created using the Wonderful Sentiments Hot Foil Plate and coordinating dies. I adhered the die cuts to the vellum panel using foam adhesive, then flipped over the panel and hid my super strong double sided tape behind the solid die cuts. I carefully placed the vellum panel over the top of the stenciled panel to make sure that the patterns lined up properly. The final touch was to add a few Bubblegum gems for some sparkle!
Well, that’s all for my project today! Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a marvelous day!