Hi friends! Today, I have the pleasure of taking part in Altenew’s 6th Anniversary blog hop celebration! You should have arrived here from Lilith Eeckels, and your next stop is Kathy Racoosin. Altenew has long been one of my favorite companies. I have a mild obsession with flowers, and Altenew’s flower stamps are absolutely phenomenal, whether they are multi-layered solid stamps or outline drawings perfect for coloring! I can honestly say that I feel like Altenew’s flowers have really helped to hone my coloring skills in many different mediums, and for that I will always be an Altenew fan! I have a project today using some of my favorite stamps from Altenew, so let’s get started with the details!
I began by stamping several blooms from Poppy Garden and Wild Flora stamp sets onto some of Altenew’s new watercolor paper using some fadeout ink. (Love how smooth and crisp this watercolor paper is!) I then used my Daniel Smith watercolors to watercolor the images in a colorful palette of pink, yellow, and purple.
After I’d die cut the watercolored flowers using their coordinating dies, I used some washi tape to mask off the edge of the A9 card base. I used blending brushes to blend Hydrangea, Magenta, and Sunkissed inks in a sunset ombre down the front of the card.
I arranged the flowers in a pretty bouquet down one side of the blended card base, then used Press’n’Seal to pick up the arrangement so as to be able to add adhesive without having to completely redo my carefully arranged bouquet. I added a greeting from Poppy Garden stamped on some strips of cardstock using Obsidian Black ink. The final touch was a few shiny gold sequins!
Now, we have SO many fun giveaways for you to celebrate Altenew’s 6th Anniversary!
Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 10 lucky winners. There are also 14 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 6 $50 Altenew gift certificates
- Altenew Academy: 10 class spots
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: 1 $100 Altenew gift certificate & 5 Share Handmade Kindness goodie bags($20 each)
- My Sweet Petunia: 1 prize bundle(Original MISTI, a set of Creative Corners, a Cut-Align and a bar magnet)
- CiLi in Papers: $100 gift certificate
- Craft Stash: £75 gift certificate
- Amy Tangerine: Your Brightest Year Yet online workshop(valued at $89)
- Online Card Classes: 3 class spots
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 gift certificate
- Michelle’s Cards & Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $30 gift certificate
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2020 issue
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Seven Hills Crafts: £25 gift certificate
Be sure to leave comments by 4/12/2020 for a chance to win one of 37 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!”. 37 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/18/2020.
Here’s the full hop list in case you get lost:
My Sweet Petunia
CiLi in Papers
May Sukyong Park